Friday, May 27, 2016

Intermission!

Why did I choose to serve a mission? Great question! I grew up being LDS but actually I wouldn’t ever seek out my religion. I did always want to serve a mission, I always told myself that not knowing for sure why, growing up I loved religion but it was almost like I went through the motions. It wasn’t until I went through certain things in my life to where I wanted more out of this life here on earth, I wanted for MYSELF to understand where I came from, why I’m here, and where I am going. Through regular life experiences, trials, goals, I tried to seek for myself the powers of God our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I read the Book of Mormon, cover to cover. 4 pages a day, finished in about 5 months. Much like the bible, as I read the Book of Mormon the power of implementing; prayer, reading, building a relationship with our Savior and Heavenly Father, there occurred to be a mighty change of heart in myself, in a very trialing growing time of my life. In ways of forgetting about myself and seeking my relationship with my Father in Heaven I found that myself was changing more than I could imagine, I found myself HAPPIER than I ever had been in my life. I found reason to be a good person, to be honest, to strive to become more like our Savior Jesus Christ. It wasn’t until I wanted these things for myself is when I realized the true power of these things. I KNOW for a fact if you seek these things for yourself. PRAY ask of God, build your relationship and read the scriptures. You WILL find happiness; you WILL find reason to things. There’s many more things I could go on and on about. Follow my blog, but most importantly Follow our Savior and Heavenly Father!

Email: Gjacobson@myldsmail.net

No comments:

Post a Comment